Morning all! Did you have a good weekend? We enjoyed a night of Eurovision happiness and lots of lovely food. Back to blogging this week and we have been told off, Matt (our blogging groom) was not happy about Married May favouring the ladies and leaving out grooms. Uh oh. So, Married May, bit sexist isn’t it? Yes I’m back and I’m going to redress this female bias in Married May with my own take on the pictures so far. From here on in I will be joining in on Instagram too. You can find me @mattbowenphotos
Here goes then from Day #1
1. The Proposal – A big surprise for Alice who likes to think she knows what I’m doing. At Tarr Steps in Devon, I pretended I wanted to go and take some photos but had some champagne hidden in my camera bag. Oh and a ring in my pocket which I had designed and had made.
2. The Ring – Three months in the making and worth every second for the look on Alice’s face when she saw it.
3. No Bridesmaids for me but I do have a Best Man and his name is also Matt. We worked together, got made redundant on the same day and both set up our own successful businesses as a result of that day. He’s the one I always go to first for advice on pretty much everything.
4. Fave Celeb Couple – I’m no royalist but I really like Wills and Kate, but mainly Kate
5. Beauty Must Have – Mmmm tricky one this but I have gone with a Remington Beard Trimmer. I haven’t had a clean shave in about ten years and this is the thing that stops me from looking like the mad man of the mountains. I will be stubbly on our wedding day.
6. We’re getting married in Summer with lots of plans for being outside with our guests..please be sunny, like it was for us in Croatia last year.
7. Favourite Flowers – Alice is definitely in charge of Flowers but I know she loves Peonies so something like this maybe?
8. Any Aspects of DIY – If you have been following @alicelrimes on Instagram then you’ll know we have some bikes to refurb. Here’s mine right now
9. The Dress – Well no dress for me but I will be getting a suit made for me, however I am still undecided about whether to go for super smart like the grey suit or something a bit more countryside chic like this. What do you think?
10. The Shoes – Not just important for girls, boys are getting stylish too and I love these shoes by 1901
11. The Venue – Huntsham Court, we loved it from the start and it was the only place we looked at, and it’s all ours for two nights. Massive party time.
I’m going to carry on all this month now with #MarriedMay so follow me @mattbowenphotos please
Here are other posts you may like