pastel schmastel | uk wedding blog

facebook-profile-picture By Phoebe

I am loving the annual emergence of pastels for spring. However, I always seem drawn to more sultry colours. Don’t get me wrong. I love pastel shades and I think they make for a beautiful wedding theme. But do you not think that sometimes it can get a bit too sickly sweet?

I have always loved navy and gold. My mother would always tut whenever we went shopping as more often than not, if it wasn’t black then it would be navy. For those that have met me, I usually am in dark colours…how dull.

I did this mood board a little while ago. Still loving dark blue and gold. And I would love to have it on the walls in our new house, I reckon it may make the room feel like a cave though…

Christine Rudolph {obsessed with her by the way}

- www.chictopa.com {OPI Russian Navy}

This. I love this!! It would make a wonderful colour scheme for a decadent wedding.

What do you think?

10 Comments

You gotta do it so I know you\'re real! *

Laura //

Agreed on all counts! I am desperate for a navy bedroom next time we decorate and at a point way too late in planning I realised I should’ve had a navy colour scheme.

Laura //

Well… I painted one wall in our kitchen fuchsia one day while the other half was at work, I don’t like it now but it took forever to do so I’m stuck with it. (I will tweet a pic for you). What about painting a wall and seeing how it looks? You could do the other walls different shades if you feel it’s too dark for the whole room.

Helen //

Love this colour, I painted our lounge a bright royal blue just a few days after we moved in. There’s loads of this blue in the new Laura Ashley catalogue. Def a fan of the stronger colours rather than something a bit more ‘wishy washy’.

soyouregettingmarried //

Do you have a pic Helen? I have found THE blue I want, now just to smear it on the walls and probably decide I don’t actually want it because it’s too dark. Also depends on how bright the room is as well right?

Beth Mottershead //

I really love pastels but I also find I’m drawn to deeper colours…or really bright ones, which I surprise myself about. My mum is a huge fan of wearing navy (I think it’s more flattering for fair hair and pale skin than black, which can sometimes be too harsh) and anything paired with metallics is a winner for me! Absolutely love the deep colours here and that final shot of the copper dress with the blue velvet sash is stunning and just crying out to be a cake design. Love it!! xx

soyouregettingmarried //

Oh Beth, if you do then please show me!! It would look beautiful. I love navy, I agree I think it looks better with my skin tones. I love bright too, but I always think I can never pull them off. Or if I was to paint a wall in grey and bright yellow I would hate it after 2 hours!

Beth Mottershead //

I am so tempted, you wouldn’t believe! It may be a few weeks off yet but I am in love with that fabric and the combo with the velvet so I’ll keep you posted. Yellow and grey, now that is an awesome colour combination! We wallpapered a feature wall in our living room with quite a bold print and three years on, we still love it so I reckon you should go for it. Maybe do a small section, like one wall or a chimney breast, live with it for a bit and see if you want to add more 🙂 xx

Laura Pops //

Pastel Schmastel indeed – I’m all about the golds and rich colours hence a plum and gold wedding. None of this wishy washy stuff! 🙂